2013-2018 Copyright © Kirkurd and Newlands Parish Church of Scotland | Scottish Charity Number SC011353

Kirkurd and Newlands Parish Church of Scotland

Romanno Bridge, West Linton, EH46 7BZ

Church History

Our Church has a long and very interesting history. Originally there were two separate Churches, one at Kirkurd and one at Newlands. Each of these Churches have in turn gone through two incarnations.

The first Kirkurd Church was built in the early 13th century in the grounds of the Castlecraig estate. The new and present  Kirkurd Church was built in 1766. Kirkurd Church was closed for public worship in 1985 whereupon the minister and congregation were linked to Newlands Church. The Church building was sold in 1991.

The first Newlands Church was built in the first half of the 14th century. It was destroyed by fire around 1795. The new and present Newlands Church was built nearby and was opened in 1838.

Read the History of Kirkurd Church >>

Read the History of Newlands Church >>